Follow an adventure abroad in Athens, Greece.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Arrival in Athens


Arriving was much easier than I had anticipated it to be.  The airport was basically all English.  The payphones were in English.  So getting everything situated was easy.  We called the Athens Centre and got the address in which to meet someone (Maggie!) from the program and off we went.  This is an apology to anyone I have ever yelled at for driving recklessly.  Our cab driver spoke no English and didn’t really like the brake pedal. It was quite an experience.  Once we got to the apartment we were let into our room.  It is beautiful.  There is 6 girls in my apartment and the other apartment on the floor is a group of guys from our program as well.  It is huge – 3 bedrooms, big kitchen, big bathroom, huge living room.  Everyone has a desk.  I am impressed.   


The view from the balcony is wonderful but we must invest in a tiny table with tiny chairs so we can eat breakfast out there. 

Speaking of food… I still have not eaten.  I am slowly deteriorating.  Today we have a walking tour and orientation during the day and then a (free!) dinner at night so it will be a wonderful first day.  It will also be so nice to see the city in the daylight since we arrived in the dark.  It will also be nice to be able to get onto the internet to post this and check the email and let everyone know I arrived safely.  More updates tomorrow on how the first day went.

1 comment:

  1. YaY! I am so glad everything went smoothly! I miss you already and cant wait til I get there! So glad you shaycarled the planes... and I love you for getting bumped to first class!! Thats my girl!!! The apartment is beautiful! It's so big!!! I cant wait til you start your adventures!!! Cant wait to skpye you either! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete