Follow an adventure abroad in Athens, Greece.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bakery, OK Mart, and Lucky Charm


Today was a good day.  I slept in (until 9!) and then had an amazing breakfast and got ready for the day.  It is Sunday which means everything is basically closed except (as the title reads) the bakery, OK Mart, and Lucky Charm (a café).  So I decided to take advantage of all of my options.  First up was the bakery with Corinne.  We leave on Tuesday for our Peloponnese trip so I wanted to get one last loaf of bread so I could have some here and bring the rest along.  After that I came home and relaxed a bit.  I read a little, did a little homework, and cleaned a bit.  After some time had passed it was OK Mart time.  OK Mart basically has one purpose for us – booze and chocolate.  The big grocery store is where to buy all the food but it is closed on Sundays and closes at 9 on weekdays.  No booze on Sundays but chocolate was a must.  I came home and made lunch/dinner and enjoyed my treat after.  Then it was time for my Skype Date with Tone!!!!  I went to the Lucky Charm, ordered my hot chocolate (Thelo sokolata parakalo.), and got excited.  Now someone (cough, cough Dad) was supposed to set up a date with me but didn’t.  Luckily they happened to be on so I got to talk to my entire family (minus brother and sister) – mom #1, dad #1, Tone, mom #2, dad #2, and Carlo.  It was the best.  Tone will literally be here in 2 weeks and I couldn’t be more excited.  Well… I guess I will get more excited as time shortens.  After talking an online purchase may have happened (I couldn’t help it – I wear my TOMS everyday so I have developed a TOMS tan so I figured one more pair couldn’t hurt the cause – plus they are great).  So now I will have 2 pairs coming my way which is perfect for all of this walking.


All in all a basically wonderful day.  The time here is going too fast and I don’t see any desire to return home (sorry).  It is just so wonderful.  Tomorrow we only have 2 classes and then James Joyce for some beer and burgers before we leave for our trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment