Follow an adventure abroad in Athens, Greece.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Plataea, Greece and Surrounding Area


Today was our first daylong field trip in the middle of the week.  I’d have to say that I love it.  The sun was doing beautiful things in the morning, which was a good omen.  
  

So I got ready to go and was on the bus at 9a.  We first stopped at an Ancient Tower. 


There is stuff like this all over Greece.  Its kind of funny.  For instance, on the way to lunch we took a stop at an Ancient Fortress, Oinoe – no big deal.  



After the Ancient Tower it was off to Eleutherai for our picnic lunch.  To my surprise I would be crossing an endeavor off of my list at the same time.  There was a restaurant with facilities that we could use when we parked.  So I went for it and it turned out to be Turkish Style.  Here is a photo to explain:


Anyway, I was excited about that.  After that it was a picnic lunch on some ancient ruins and then some lecturing.  


After Eleutherai we headed over the Plataea, which was very nice.  It was over the mountains so we got to see some rolling hills for the first time, which was a nice change of pace.  Every team gave speeches for our City States class there so it made it a more fun site visit.  We had some time to walk around and appreciate the site and then it was time to go.


After Plataea we took a detour to a spot Mary Lou enjoys.  It was a dead town but had a lot of character.  I got some chocolate and went for a nice walk.


I enjoyed a nice nap on the way home.  Once home it was just a relaxing night of homework, dinner, more napping, and spending time with people.  Tomorrow is another school day but then a 3-day weekend of fun!!!  Then a 5 day trip!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment