Follow an adventure abroad in Athens, Greece.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Amazing Jewelry and Ear Piercing


Another late evening led to a late morning.  I woke up at 11a again and did some things – cleaning, showering and such.   Then it was off to the flea market with Corrine and Kathryn.  Athens has a flea market all the time right in a square downtown and Sundays are the best day.  I have given up the mission for boots – it’s just not practical, those who know me know that I will not wear them.  However, the mission for a (fake) leather jacket began.  We started our adventure downtown when on the way we passed SO MANY amazing stores.  We decided to keep going to the flea market but noted the street.  Got to the flea market and quickly turned back around.  I was on a mission for some be-lated Christmas/Birthday gifts for the BFFFFs, and I found some amazing things.  There was this one jewelry shop that just had such nice jewelry for so cheap so I spent some money there.  Corrine has been saying she wanted her ear pierced since we got here so I just asked the lady if they did it (don’t panic – this place was much more sterile than the Coventry Mall Claires… so it was fine) and they did!  So I joined in and we both got one.


So although the search for the leather jacket continues, I have some amazing new jewelry and soon some special ladies in Pennsylvania will have some too.  I spent the rest of the evening relaxing (we just got candles so it makes relaxation on the apartment so easy).

 
 Tomorrow consists of some catching up on homework as well as laundry and going to the post office.  We have another field trip Friday until Sunday so that will be exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Everytime I read this I just get so excited. Haha I was looking at the pictures before I read and got all excited about the pretty store! and then I read a little sumthin sumthin about presents...tehe.. then I got really excited!!! I love you and miss you! Oh and I love that you sang some cindi Karaoke!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your PFLJFG (perfect fake leather jacket from Greece)! I had to come up for an acronym for you because Sarah had one for her leather jacket when we were abroad! ;)

    ReplyDelete