Follow an adventure abroad in Athens, Greece.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Meeting Mary


I enjoyed my Greek morning to the fullest.  I got up, got ready, and enjoyed a breakfast on the balcony.  The first class of the day was the Sanctuaries and Festivals of the Greeks by PSU teacher Mary Lou.  It seems like it is going to be a good class.  It includes a TON of field trips, which will make the classes a lot more interesting for sure.  During my break I met with my Greek Language Partner – Mary.  We went up to the balcony – the sun was shining so beautifully – and the 2 of us chatted for a while.  She is in her second college studying English and gave me the low down on Athens nightlife and where to shop.  She also took the time to teach me numbers.  Once that was over, I got my first Greek salad, which included no lettuce but was amazing.  Our second class of the day was on Byzantine History.  The teacher for that is from the Athens Centre and seems like it is going to be a good time.  This course also includes a ton of day trips.  After classes it was a quick swing by the bakery for some cookies (our apartment is getting quite friendly with the bakery woman – we speak more and more Greek each day).  I cooked up the rest of my Greek salad for dinner, chose not to do my reading assignments, and just took some time to watch a movie (Dear John) which I (surprisingly) have not done since I’ve gotten here.  We had to turn in early because we were informed that it was an early morning trip to the hospital for a TB test and chest x-ray – more on that tomorrow!  No picture today… but it is all still beautiful, I promise. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jacki,
    Finally I have read your wonderfully informant blog from the beginning, and am so thrilled that we can follow along with you and share this most exciting adventure. Sounds awesome so far and am so glad that you are loving everything. Granddad and Ruth

    ReplyDelete