Follow an adventure abroad in Athens, Greece.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Roommate Bonding Time

I had a very productive morning – woke up, ran, shower, laundry, breakfast, etc.   But I also had a very large epiphany.  I was in the shower and the showerhead doesn’t have much strength to it, so when you push it up to get under it slowly droops down until it is spraying the wall.  One time when I was pushing it up it kind of lifted up and this is when I realized that it comes off to hold it in your hands.  I was so excited that after my shower I ran out to the balcony where roomie was working out and told her.  Apparently everyone knew and I was the last to discover it.  Nonetheless – still exciting.  Then after getting ready I found out that there was a huge thunderstorm that I slept right through.  Living with freshmen for 3 semesters has definitely changed my sleeping habits.  After getting ready we had our Sanctuaries and Festival class, which went well.  In between classes Corrine and I took an adventure and found our way back to the Centre no problem – the city is getting much easy to navigate.  Then we had our first Archeology class.  I feel like it is going to be a good class that also includes tons of field trips.  After class the roomies and I wanted to go shopping to get some going out attire for Friday night when it started to rain.  We didn’t let that stop us; however, once downtown we realized that stores kind of have their own hours.  They take a break from around 3-5ish depending on how they feel that day.  


We got in a couple stores but nothing too great.  So no boots yet.  But hopefully soon.  We stopped into this adorable restaurant, Parliament House (we think that is the name) and had a wonderful first meal out together.  Here is all the wonderful food and drinks:


The food was all amazing and the restaurant was so nice to us.  They spoke some English so that helped and the food was amazing.  It feels weird not tipping a lot- I'll have to get used to that.  But eating dinner for 2 and a half hour was something I could get used to.

Meet the roomies:

After dinner we returned home and talked for hours getting to know each other but had to turn in early to get up to go back to the hospital to get our TB test read!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment