Follow an adventure abroad in Athens, Greece.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Night Football

  After getting a full night’s sleep, I was up early to begin my day.  I had a nice shower, did a lot of laundry (by hand – I know, who would have ever guessed I’d be a hand washing maniac), and had a wonderful breakfast.  I bought an orange juicer on Friday so that I could make orange juice (I’m not sure if they sell orange juice here because the oranges are so juicy and cheap that I’m pretty sure everyone makes it themselves – I got a dozen oranges for 1.30 euro).  So I made a nice glass with one orange and one blood orange.


After that it was just a day of studying.  We have a quiz tomorrow in our City-States class and they gave us a study guide of 60 people/places/things.  It is a bit ridiculous, but we divided and conquered the work and see how it goes.  While doing homework at the Athens Centre there were free lemons to take so I decided to incorporate this into my dinner for the evening (I know – some of you may be shocked by this statement if you know me pretty well… but when it comes to food here – I do it all… even lemons).  I just found out that there is a chef next door in our program so I decided to get his assistance so I could make a good dinner.  While cooking was also the first time since we have been here I had the apartment to myself – it was surreal and only lasted about 3 minutes, nonetheless, it happened.  I made lemon chicken and potatoes with onions, garlic, and bacon.  It was delicious.  Then later in the evening we went to an Irish Pub, James Joyce, to watch the American football game.  I just enjoyed a Guinness and pretended to care about the game.  Truth is – roomie is a huge Packer fan so I didn’t really have much of a choice.  It was a good night though!!

1 comment:

  1. First a whole fish... now lemons... whats greek for Oy Vey! Ps... So ridiculously excited about immense amounts of oranges.

    ReplyDelete