Follow an adventure abroad in Athens, Greece.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fruity Aids


The day began beautifully.  I woke up and got ready – the sun was shining and we had 2 field trips.  We met up at a church for our first field trip.  This was really interesting because there were all of the zodiac signs on the building and it made me think of Tone and Kimmy and home (in a good way).  Anyways, after hearing about the church we walked to the Agora for another lecture about the area.  The sun was shining so I had no complaints.  We stopped into the museum there for a second, but we go back a bunch of times so it was quick.  We had some free time then before our next class, which also met at the Agora, so Corrine and I went to the market place to get Gyros.  We stopped at a few shops on our break as well.  I also was in the mood for some strawberries so I went to the fruit stands.  I avoided one.


After getting some strawberries, buying an ice tea to use a restroom, and doing some intense window-shopping – we went back to the Agora for class.  Again, with the shining sun, I really couldn’t complain much about the situation.  After our second class we had to go back to the Centre for Byzantine.  After Byzantine, the Spartans met up to discuss some strategy and game play.  The rest of the evening was spent reading and researching for my archeology paper, which is due next week.  Tomorrow is another trip to – you guess it! – the Agora.  We’ve been to the Agora three times so far and have not been to the Parthenon.  Oh, the workings of this program.  Rome Friday!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that a church has zodiac signs! haha Its so funny.. cuz thats like our religion. i miss you. 25 days!!! I love that february is short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacki...I wish I could be in Athens. It's entirely too cold here and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete