Follow an adventure abroad in Athens, Greece.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 3 Tone Here: Rainy Days in Athens call for Shopping!


Tone and I awoke to snow falling from the Athenian sky.  It was very exciting for me to finally see snow and extremely unexpected.  We took a walk to the grocery store for some goodies and stopped to catch some snowflakes!  


Once we got home Aileen, Gabby and the two of us set out for a shopping adventure. 


The snow quickly turned into the usual Athens rain so after trying out a HUGE department store they have here – Attica (not that great… interesting though because instead of being a department store like we have it is like 100 different stores with employees from each in one building) – it was off to let Tone try the best hot chocolate in the world.


After hot chocolate we set off on my continued adventure of finding a rain jacket and we had some GREAT success.  I got a 12 euro, very pretty, red rain jacket.  After that we returned home to discover that kitty Jack Paros had passed away – so Tone and I paid our respects and buried him in the flowerpot outside of our apartments.  We all decided to have dinner together – so brushetta it was!


After dinner Tone and I had our show to go to!  


 I was very excited about it and had no idea what to expect.  The snow had returned when we left so we decided to live rich and take a cab to the theater.   


We arrived for our show “Heroes” with no expectations. 


The Athens Centre had recommended it to me but we weren’t sure about whether it was going to be in English or Greek or what.  While waiting for seating, I took a stop into the bathroom and saw some interesting wallpaper which made me feel a bit more optimistic for the show.


We took our seats and waited for it to begin.


It was hilarious.  About 20 people attended.  Basically completely in Greek.  Did not understand any of it.  But it was great.  Afterwards we taxied down to Psiri for crepes like promised and then returned for the evening.  Tomorrow is all of the sights of Athens – I waited for the weather so that it wouldn’t be an awful experience for Tone.  Lets hope for the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment