Follow an adventure abroad in Athens, Greece.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 1 Toni Here: Calamari and Jet Lag


So I basically woke up obsessively checking Tone’s flight statuses.  We had discussed that no news is good news, so I was also checking my study abroad facebook.  Everything looked in order so I set off to go get the bus to get to her.  I tried to do some school reading along the way but I couldn’t stop tapping my feet and smiling.  I probably looked ridiculous but I was just so excited.  The bus finally got to the airport and I was off!  I found where she would be coming in, got a phone card so she could call her parents, used the WC, and waited.  The doors open and I saw her – it was so exciting.  She still had to wait for her – I mean my – bag at the baggage claim.  Once she had it, it was like a Hollywood film for real.  We hugged and screamed and then got back on the bus to go home.  We met a guy traveling from Canada and he was a nice gentleman.  And he took our picture!!!!



Once we got into Syntagma, we walked a little and then hopped in a cab to get to my apartment.  We relaxed a bit here.  I unpacked the suitcase and got excited about everything.  My clothes all smelled like home and my Toms and Reese’s Cups made my life.


We got ready for dinner and then set off to my favorite place locally for Calamari!!!


After our nice 2+ hour Greek dinner, we returned home where a small group came back from a short adventure.  They brought a kitten they found.  I take no responsibility.  Everyone was exhausted.  Tone and I laid down for a nap and basically slept through the night.  It was much needed.  I don’t care about anything that we do.  We leave for Santorini on Thursday – until then I just want to spend time with my BFFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment