Follow an adventure abroad in Athens, Greece.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

First Day of Relaxation in Athens

After getting back very late from our adventure, Sunday was a day for relaxation.  I awoke to the church bells ringing on the hour, every hour for a little while.  It was a nice way to wake up.  After getting up and realizing that there were some threatening clouds in the distance Piraeus was out of the picture.



So since we were just sticking around and relaxing all day, I decided to have a slow morning.  I made a wonderful breakfast (tomatoes, onions, and eggs with bread) and enjoyed it in the warm sunlight.


I also cleaned up and did some wash.  We were trying to find a map to put up on the wall to see where the program is taking us.  So today we put two of the maps the Athens Centre gave us together on the wall and starting putting some pins into places that are already planned to go.  This way we can figure out where we should go on all of our long weekends.  Here is the map so far:


After that I decided that it was time for me to catch up on my Biggest Loser so I took my computer down to the café, Lucky Charm, and ordered a hot chocolate to go with my viewing.  It was very nice to hear English haha.  After that I went home to paint my nails and watch Eclipse.


The best person in the world – Tone – made me the best going away present.  A bag of quotes/ inside jokes for each day I am gone.  I opened one last night that had a quote from Eclipse so watching it wasn’t an option.  


I put them up on my wall with my photos and it is going to turn into a wonderful art project by the time I leave.  So far this is what I got:


After having an extremely relaxing (and necessary) day, we decided to go out to dinner to the Parliament House again to end our evening.  It was amazing.  It is hard to get used to all of the complimentary liquor but I’m doing my best – you can’t be rude and not drink it.  Athens is not the place for alcoholics.  Tomorrow is another day of class – even though it is MLK day.  Our trips begin this week and I am soooo excited to see what else is out there.  I still can’t believe I’m here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment